Control Room Operator
Welcome to the Brucejack Mine!
We are Pretivm – a Canadian mining company, headquartered in Vancouver, BC and the proud owner of the Brucejack Gold Mine. Brucejack Mine is a 3,800 tonnes-per-day high-grade gold underground mine located in northwestern British Columbia, approximately 65 kilometers north of Stewart.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment.
About the Opportunity:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Control Room Operator (CRO) to join our team at the Brucejack mine on 14 days on/12 days off rotation and 2 travel days.
The Control Room Operator (CRO) position is located at Pretium Exploration Inc.'s "Pretivm" Brucejack Mine, BC and reports directly to the Mill Operations Supervisor or designate.
Job Purpose & Accountability:
The Control Room Operator (CRO) is accountable to the Mill Operations Supervisor or Designate. The CRO will be responsible for Monitoring and Controlling plant conditions and maintain proper documentation including daily operator report, operator logs, change management logs and maintenance records.
Understand and perform safety, environmental and regulatory responsibilities such as hazard identification, equipment lockout, emergency response, and implement safe working procedures.
Ensure effective communication with Mill operations and Maintenance, UG Paste Operations Group and supervisory staff ensuring that the process plant operates safely, and efficiently with minimal downtime. Planned production targets including water treatment discharge effluent targets are within compliance. The Control Room Operator will also provide assistance to plant operations during downtime and preventative maintenance routines. The individual must be highly motivated, use good judgment, and able to communicate within a multi-disciplinary team.
The position also requires compliance with all Pretium Resources Inc.'s "Pretivm" Health & Safety and other relevant policies and regulations.
Perform following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Demonstrate effective safety leadership within a team environment and promote environmental awareness in all work or task related duties.
- Operate Mill processes and all associated equipment from the central control room and through the distribution control (DCS) system to ensure operations are within specified parameters and production goals including water treatment discharge effluent targets are achieved.
- Troubleshoot operational problems and provide solutions, with intent of working towards continuous improvement at all times.
- Monitor and observe equipment operating status so that safe and effective operation of the plant is maintained and assess risks posed by identified problems and ensure supervision is aware of concerns and/or potential issues.
- Ensure required documentation, logs and reports are up to date and complete.
- Analyze systems data to recommend changes or modifications to existing control systems.
- Monitor mill fire alarm panel.
- Respond to UG Code I Emergency in accordance with the established SOP.
- Other related duties as required.
- Advanced, demonstrated knowledge utilizing DCS process controls combined with a minimum of ten (10) years mineral processing experience and five (5) years directly related control room experience.
- Incumbent must be well versed with SABC operation, gravity concentration, flotation process, concentrate dewatering, water treatment plant for underground water discharge, tailings dewatering and paste backfilling process.
- Previous start-up and commissioning experience is an asset.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated time management and decision-making skills.
- Cross cultural awareness with an understanding and sensitivity of the challenges associated with differences in cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 14 days on/14 days off rotation.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license.
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening and a criminal background check.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift.
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shifts day or night.
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters with the team.
- Pretivm promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
What we can offer you!
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid travel days, including transport to and from site.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications.
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage.
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE JOIN PRETIVM AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!