Truck Driver - (Class 1) - 6 month contract
Welcome to the Brucejack Mine!
We are Pretivm – a Canadian mining company, headquartered in Vancouver, BC and the proud owner of the Brucejack Gold Mine. Brucejack Mine is a 3,800 tonnes-per-day high-grade gold underground mine located in northwestern British Columbia, approximately 65 kilometers north of Stewart.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment.
About the Opportunity
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a temporary Tri-Axle Truck Driver – (Class 1) to join our team at the Brucejack mine on 13 days on/13 days off rotation and 2 travel days.This position will be based out of our Knipple Camp and it will be for a 6-month contract.
The position’s primary report is to the Road Access Superintendent or designate.
Through guidance and consultation with the Road Access Superintendent and the Mine Manager, this position ensures all equipment and safety guidelines are maintained to high industry standards. As well as adhering to all health and safety regulations and company standards, policies and procedures.
Perform following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Responsible for safely operating tandem axle, tridem axle trucks, tridem axle trailers, heavy haul 8x8 winch trucks and other off-road haulers.
- Participate in pre-job meetings and tool box meetings.
- Pre operational inspection of vehicles, Preventative maintenance of vehicles and general cleanliness of vehicles.
- Completion of all log books, Field level risk hazard assessments, time sheets, bill of ladings.
- Transport all goods including equipment, freight, specialized mill parts, septic and more safely and securely.
- Proper inspection of load securement and loads. Ensuring that all loads are not over capacity and secured properly.
- Winching of trailers (scissor), camp modules, skids and other items.
- Occasionally responsible for collection of, transport of and disposal of sewage and site waste.
- Maneuverability of truck and or truck and trailer in tight spots and in poor weather conditions.
- Reporting of all defects, incidents and accidents and violations of law.
- Perform other duties to support the successful operation of the Brucejack Mine.
- Minimum of Class 1 Drivers’ Licence with clean driver’s abstract.
- Minimum five (5) years hauling with proven experience.
- Winch truck, Vacuum Truck and Off Highway operating experience is considered an asset.
- Equipment hauling & camp hauling experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of regulations and log books.
- Strong knowledge of hazardous goods and handling.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible.
- Ability to operate under pressure and in severe weather conditions.
- Must be mechanically inclined and able to trouble shoot in field.
- Able to read, understand, and follow safety procedures & policies.
- Detail and results oriented with the ability to adhere to shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Experience with hauling off-road an asset.
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 13 days on/13 days off rotation & 2 travel days.
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift.
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12 hour shifts.
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters with the team.
- Pretivm promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
What we can offer you:
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid travel days, including transport to and from site.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications.
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage.
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE JOIN PRETIVM AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!