Civil Site Engineer
Welcome to the Brucejack Mine!
We are Pretivm – a Canadian mining company, headquartered in Vancouver, BC and the proud owner of the Brucejack Gold Mine. Brucejack Mine is a 3,800 tonnes-per-day high-grade gold underground mine located in northwestern British Columbia, approximately 65 kilometers north of Stewart.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment.
About the Opportunity:
Pretivm is currently seeking for two Civil Site Engineers in Construction/Civil Engineering to join our dynamic team and support the success of the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern British Columbia.
The position Civil Site Engineer is located at Pretium Exploration Inc.'s "Pretivm" Knipple Facility, BC and reports directly to the Access Road Superintendents.
Job Purpose and accountability:
The purpose of the position is to support the overall operational functions at the Knipple Facility by working closely with the Access Road Manager, Superintendents as well as other key staff, ensuring full support is provided to maintaining operations and maintenance crews in their efforts to keep the Brucejack Mine fully operational.
Preform the following duties with safety being the number one priority:
- Daily resource and cost control assistance where required.
- Regular safety inspections and other safety activities as required.
- Monitoring/tracking mobile equipment seeking opportunities for cost / productivity optimization.
- Participate in operational and project budget and AFE preparation and reconciliations.
- Participate in work planning sessions.
- Coordinate capital project execution works.
- Participate in creating and monitoring schedules.
- Administrative duties as required.
- Purchasing related activities included but not limited to material take offs, liaise with purchasing and vendors, material receptions and inspection.
- JDE work order generation and general management.
- Generate and manage site inventories where required.
- Review drawings and generate excavation permits and complete as build drawings upon completion of service installation.
- Assist with survey establishing control and produce monitoring reports based on data collected.
- Design and construction of bridges, roads, geotechnical, and other civil/structural work experience.
- Field experience in construction supervision.
- Candidates should have relevant formal education from an accredited school and must have current (or be eligible for) EIT status with EGBC or equivalent technical knowledge and experience combined with a minimum of two (2) years of experience at a mine, construction site or other industrial project.
- Advanced computer skills (ie. Microsoft Office, MO Project or Primavera, etc.)
- Proficient with AutoCAD.
- Experience with reading and interpretation of drawings.
- Exceptional planning, organizational, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with QA/QC procedures and documentation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to liaise effectively with management teams and deal with complex problems.
- Strong knowledge of Federal and Provincial mining & safety legislation and regulations.
- Project Management skills and experience.
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 13 days on/13 days off /2 days travel rotation.
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift.
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12 hour shifts.
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters with the team.
- Pretivm promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Minimum British Columbia Class 5 driver’s license or equivalent.
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.