Bulk Gravity Lab Technician
Welcome to the Brucejack Mine!
We are Pretivm – a Canadian mining company, headquartered in Vancouver, BC and the proud owner of the Brucejack Gold Mine. Brucejack Mine is a 3,800 tonnes-per-day high-grade gold underground mine located in northwestern British Columbia, approximately 65 kilometers north of Stewart.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment.
About the Opportunity:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Bulk Gravity Lab Technician (BGL) to join our team at the Brucejack mine on 14 days on/12 days off rotation and 2 travel days.
The Bulk Gravity Lab Technician (BGL) position is located at Pretium Exploration Inc.'s "Pretivm" Brucejack Mine, BC and reports directly to the Senior Metallurgist or designate.
The BGL Technician’s primary responsibility is to operate the Bulk Gravity lab which has been designed to prepare samples and process them through a lab scaled gravity circuit to improve the accuracy of our grade control activities.
Perform following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- The BGL Technician collects and prepares ore and concentrate samples for analysis.
- Using laboratory apparatus and testing equipment, the BGL Technician tests and analyzes samples to determine their content and characteristics.
- Working as part of a crew, the BGL Technician assembles, operates and maintains field and laboratory mechanical and testing equipment.
- Maintains clean and organized workbench area ensuring spills are immediately cleaned; disposal is according to laboratory procedures.
- Collects, compiles and records data and test results on all electrical and mechanical equipment and devices.
- Adjusts and repairs testing, electrical, and mechanical equipment and devices as required.
- Using applicable measuring devices, inspects equipment for wear and identifies maintenance requirements and/or replacement of defective parts.
- Using relevant computer software applications plots collected data and information for retrieval and generation of reports.
- Demonstrate awareness and commitment to safety, health, community and environmental protection in keeping with Pretivm’s goals and objectives.
- Perform other related duties as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a Laboratory setting and an understanding of good Quality Assurance and Quality Control principles.
- Strong communication, leadership, planning, time management organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and adherence to outlined processing procedures.
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures.
- Ability to record and maintain daily records.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Cross cultural awareness of the differences in cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 14 days on/12 days off rotation & 2 travel days.
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift.
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12 hour shifts.
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters with the team.
- Pretivm promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
What we can offer you!
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid travel days, including transport to and from site.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications.
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage.
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE JOIN PRETIVM AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!