Sample Preparation Technician
Welcome to the Brucejack Mine!
We are Pretivm – a Canadian mining company, headquartered in Vancouver, BC and the proud owner of the Brucejack Gold Mine. Brucejack Mine is a 3,800 tonnes-per-day high-grade gold underground mine located in northwestern British Columbia, approximately 65 kilometers north of Stewart.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment.
About the opportunity:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for Sample Preparation Technicians to join the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia.
Located approximately 65 kilometers from Stewart, you will report to the Senior Assayer or designate, and work a rotating schedule encompassing 14 days on and 12 days off.
The Sample Preparation Technician’s primary responsibility is to perform routine sorting, transferring, drying, crushing, pulverising and screening of geological materials in accordance with work order instructions and laboratory quality guidelines and procedures while supporting the day-today operations of the Assay Laboratory.
Perform following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Processes ore samples by ringing, sieving, crushing, pulverizing and splitting under direct supervision by Senior Assayer
- Unpack, sort, transfer and dry samples
- Loading and unloading fire assay furnaces, drying ovens and other related tasks
- Maintain own production logs to maintain accuracy and consistency in data collection and reporting.
- Assists with layout duties/tasks to meet production and processing deadlines and initiatives
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all health and safety policies and procedures
- Follows industry standard sample preparation/assay procedures and instructional references as directed by supervisor
- Conduct routine quality checks including particle size analysis, dust loss and report data immediately to the Senior Assayer if results are outside of acceptability parameters
- Ensure that work order documentation is complete in every respect and quality control results are entered into data base as necessary
- Maintain clean and organized workbench area ensuring spills are immediately cleaned; disposal is according to laboratory procedures including any special requirements for handling ore
- Ensure that equipment is maintained in good order making the supervisor aware of any damaged or defective equipment or any equipment requiring adjustment (i.e. pulverising time or crushers gapping).
- Keep all records and notebooks in good order including work order and equipment maintenance logs
- Assist laboratory staff with routine day-to-day tasks
- Other duties as required
Successful completion of High School (GED) combined with one (1) year of relevant work experience in a mining environment. Post-secondary studies in geology or related discipline is advantageous.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to perform routine bench tests
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Must be able to read English and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Good computer skills to include data base management.
- Must be in good physical condition and able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 14 days on / 12 days off rotation/2 days travelling
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12 hour shifts
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions
- Able to work in close quarters with the team
- Pretivm promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
What we can offer you!
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid travel days, including transport to and from site.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications.
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage.
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE JOIN PRETIVM AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!