Welcome to the Brucejack Mine!
We are Pretivm – a Canadian mining company, headquartered in Vancouver, BC and the proud owner of the Brucejack Gold Mine. Brucejack Mine is a 3,800 tonnes-per-day high-grade gold underground mine located in northwestern British Columbia, approximately 65 kilometers north of Stewart.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment.
About the Opportunity:
Pretivm is currently seeking a Production Engineer to join our dynamic team and support the success of the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern British Columbia.
The Production Engineer’s position is located at Pretium Exploration Inc.'s "Pretivm" Brucejack site within the Mine Operations Department. The position’s primary report is to the Underground Mine Superintendent or designate.
Job Purpose and accountability:
The purpose of the Production Engineer is to assist and support the operations team at the Brucejack Mine with the gathering of critical information and the distribution of the same as well as per the outline responsibilities listed below. The incumbent is also responsible for researching, collecting and tabulating engineering and operational data to support the safe and efficient implementation of mine development engineering systems in a safe, professional, and timely manner.
The incumbent will also be required to evaluate the operational performance of individual and or entire mining fleet, looking for productivity and cost opportunities, making comparisons to other alternate equipment or processes where necessary.
Preform the following duties with safety being the number one priority:
- Tabulate data and generate mining key performance indicator (KPI) reports
- Review and sign off on a daily basis the production and cost data originating from contractors or in house equipment and personnel
- Critique costs of all mining areas making recommendations for changes and or improvements, bring issues to managements attention
- Reporting of KPI’s against weekly and monthly targets
- Perform field inspections and checklists for paste fill preparation
- Assist with QA/QC program for production drilling
- Conduct regular audits/inspections of mine services including but not limited to:
- Mine ventilation controls
- Auxiliary ventilation system
- High pressure air and service water distribution lines
- Mine dewatering system
- Mine communications
- Paste fill distribution system
- Conduct regular inspections of mine infrastructure including but not limited to:
- Explosive magazines
- Service and wash bay stations
- Refuge stations
- Escape way system
- Storage areas
- Actively participate in short term and midrange mine planning
- Conduct other activities to support the safe, efficient and successful underground operations
- Understand and ensure compliance with company safety policies and governmental safety regulations including Ministry of Mines and WorksafeBC.
- Fill in for Mine Captains role when necessary
- Other duties as required.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Degree in Mining Engineering from an accredited Institution
- Preferably a minimum of 3 years of experience in an underground mining environment and registered or eligible to register with the APEGBC as a Professional Engineer (PEng) .
- Proficiency with mining software programs (i.e. Vulcan, AutoCAD, Datamine “Aegis” etc.)
- Superior level proficiency with Microsoft Excel & Access.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills (English)
- Leadership, planning, organizational, analytical & problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Cross cultural awareness & understanding
- Passionate in regard to cost control and optimization
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 13 days on,13 days off, and 2 travel days rotation
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shifts
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions
- Able to work in close quarters with the team
- Pretivm promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
What we can offer you!
The success of the Brucejack Mine will be determined by the hard working and dedicated team who help us develop it. All of our team members can expect to receive a highly competitive salary that is commensurate with your experience, skills, and qualifications.
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid travel days, including transport to and from site.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications.
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage.
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you're looking for an exciting new challenge, join Pretivm and the Brucejack mine today.
*Please submit your resume in .PDF and .DOC or .DOCX documents only.*