Heavy Equipment Operators - Snow Removal (8 month contract)
Welcome to the Brucejack Mine!
We are Pretivm – a Canadian mining company, headquartered in Vancouver, BC and the proud owner of the Brucejack Gold Mine. Brucejack Mine is a 3,800 tonnes-per-day high-grade gold underground mine located in northwestern British Columbia, approximately 65 kilometers north of Stewart.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment.
About the Opportunity:
We currently have a number of temporary employment opportunities for Heavy Equipment Operators on our seasonal Snow Removal Team supporting the success of the Surface Operations Team at the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia.
The Heavy Equipment Operators on our Snow Removal Team have an important role in supporting surface, underground operations and construction projects to ensure operations and development of the mine site and underground continue to operate and are developed and maintained in the highest safe and effective manner.
The position also ensures compliance with all Pretium Resources Inc.'s "Pretivm" Health & Safety and other relevant policies and regulations.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a Heavy Equipment Operator Certification with a valid driver's license. A minimum of 2 years in Heavy Equipment operating experience is preferred.
The Heavy Equipment Operator's primary report is to the Surface Operations Supervisors and Equipment Operator Leadhand.
Perform the following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Operate heavy equipment such as backhoes, bulldozers, rock trucks, loaders and graders to excavate, move, load and grade earth, rock, gravel or other materials during construction and operations activities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operate bulldozers, snowcats or other heavy equipment to build or maintain roads on surface.
- Operate heavy equipment to move, load and unload cargo using rigging practices, forks and fork lifts and the ability to assess loads and read load limit charts.
- Complete safe work tasks, JHAs, FLRHA.
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment and clean, lubricate and refill equipment.
- Prepare working area and adhere to all job safety requirements prior to starting work, keeping work site safe and free of hazards when possible.
- Set up and inspect equipment prior to use.
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance on equipment being operated.
- Participate in any other site-specific training.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Heavy equipment operator certification with a valid driver’s license.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Experience in more than one piece of equipment.
- Previous experience with project specific equipment.
- Previous camp experience an asset.
- Some high school, college or industry courses in heavy equipment operating combined with on-the-job training are required.
- Certification in workplace hazardous materials information system (WHMIS).
- TDG – transportation of dangerous goods.
- Internal company certification or sign off may be required.
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 13 days on/13 days off rotation.
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift.
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12 hour shifts.
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters with the team.
- Pretivm promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Before being successfully hired, you must complete and pass our pre-employment testing which consists of:
- A fitness test with one of our partnered physiotherapists.
- A Medical and Drug and Alcohol test.
- A Criminal Background Check through BackCheck. Candidates will receive an email from BackCheck requesting information to be processed.
Onboarding of the snow removal team will begin September through to the end of October.
What we can offer you:
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid travel days, including transport to and from site.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications.
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage.
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE JOIN PRETIVM AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!