Surface Labourers (8 month contract) - Snow Removal
Welcome to the Brucejack Mine!
We are Pretivm – a Canadian mining company, headquartered in Vancouver, BC and the proud owner of the Brucejack Gold Mine. Brucejack Mine is a 3,800 tonnes-per-day high-grade gold underground mine located in northwestern British Columbia, approximately 65 kilometers north of Stewart.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment.
About the Opportunity:
We currently have a number of temporary employment opportunities for Surface Labourers on our seasonal Snow Removal Team supporting the success of the Surface Operations Team at the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia.
The Surface Labourers on our Snow Removal Team have an important role in ensuring all buildings and equipment related to the building are in safe and working order, while supporting, site operations. The position also ensures compliance with all Pretium Resources Inc.'s "Pretivm" Health & Safety and other relevant policies and regulations.
The Surface Labourer's primary report is to the Surface Operations Supervisors or designate.
Perform the following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Snow removal including: hand shoveling, salting and sanding. You will also be requested to perform snow removal activities at heights.
- Site clean-up including: garbage pick-up and general cleanup
- Load and unload materials and move materials to designated work areas
- Assist tradespersons such as carpenters and other construction and site activities
- Level earth to fine grade specifications using rake and shovel
- Assist in demolishing buildings using prying bars and other tools, and sort, clean and pile salvaged materials
- Remove and dispose of rubble and other mine debris using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment
- Participate in any other site specific training
- Perform other related duties to support the successful operation of the Brucejack Mine.
Grade 12 or GED with a valid driver’s license is preferred.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Physically fit, able to lift 50lbs.
- Able to work 10 to 12 hour shifts.
- Able to follow all safe work practices.
- Able to follow direction.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work long shifts outside in variable mountain weather conditions.
- Certification in workplace hazardous materials information system (WHMIS) is considered an asset.
- TDG – transportation of dangerous goods is considered an asset.
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 13 days on/13 days off rotation.
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift.
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12 hour shifts.
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions.
- Working at heights on AWP.
- Able to work in close quarters with the team.
Before being successfully hired, you must complete and pass our pre-employment testing which consists of:
- A fitness test with one of our partnered physiotherapists.
- A Medical and Drug and Alcohol test.
- A Criminal Background Check through BackCheck. Candidates will receive an email from BackCheck requesting information to be processed.
Onboarding of the snow removal team will begin September through to the end of October.
What we can offer you:
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid travel days, including transport to and from site.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications.
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage.
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE JOIN PRETIVM AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!