Welcome to the Brucejack Mine!
We are Pretivm – a Canadian mining company, headquartered in Vancouver, BC and the proud owner of the Brucejack Gold Mine. Brucejack Mine is a 3,800 tonnes-per-day high-grade gold underground mine located in northwestern British Columbia, approximately 65 kilometers north of Stewart.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment.
This position is located at Pretium’s Brucejack site within the Supply Chain department. The position’s primary report is to the Warehouse Operations Superintendent.
About the Opportunity:
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Warehouse Supervisor to join the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia.
In this role, you will be responsible for administering and overseeing the warehousing functions to ensure all warehouse activities are conducted in accordance with set out policies, processes, procedures, and internal guidelines under the direction of the Warehouse Operations Superintendent. The Warehouse Supervisor will demonstrate absolute commitment and leadership to safety and a safe working environment. The Warehouse Supervisor will participate in the Leadership of the team, inclusive of people development and performance management.
Perform the following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Responsible for supervising to ensure operational excellence in all warehouse areas, efficient operations of warehouse inventory management system and related equipment; ensure inventory is received and issued appropriately and efficiently and safely processed in the warehouse in accordance with all established business process compliance SOPs.
- Supervise the daily activities of the warehouse.
- Communicate and enforce Safety and Health Management Program.
- Demonstrate commitment to an injury-free environment through own actions and mentoring others.
- Communicate goals, objectives, strategies, results and plans.
- Actively participate in inventory management through accurate daily cycle counts, inventory transaction reports, OS&D reports and associated inventory KPI’s.
- Supervises inventory issuing by ensuring requested items for maintenance work orders are processed and delivered in accordance with the procedures.
- Participate in developing monthly team KPI’s to drive accountability and accuracy.
- Ensure all materials and resources are shipped & received safely, accurately and accounted for through proper delivery and storage practices, and procedures.
- Maintain and optimize inventory stock levels and identify obsolete and/or surplus stock.
- Supervise issuance of inventory items from over the counter requests by ensuring issue slips are properly filled out, coded, and entered in JD Edwards on a timely basis.
- Identify inventory shortages or excessive usage and reports to the Warehouse Operations Superintendent.
- Develops and maintains effective warehouse storage practices that promote efficient storage, identification and retrieval, as well as comply with company’s internal controls around inventory management.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Effective communication skills, as well as interpersonal, problem solving, outstanding math skills to perform routine measurements and recognize, correct and inform others when areas in the warehouse are not up to standard.
- Successful completion of a related Degree or Diploma with a minimum seven (7) years of related industry experience in warehousing, inventory management and project management. Familiar with Warehouse Management Systems, preferably JD Edwards software.
- Red Seal Partsperson /or Red Seal Industrial Warehousing certification.
- Inventory Management education and operational experience is an asset.
- Six Sigma / LEAN education and operational experience is an asset.
- Continuous Improvement – Seeks out and drives improvements.
- Leadership, Morale, Relationships and Communications.
- Strong attention to detail and proficiency with computers, particularly database management.
- Ability to read and speak English.
- Self-motivated, independent worker requiring little or no supervision.
- Exhibits honest and ethical behavior, being careful to detail and be thorough in completing work tasks.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Stress management skills.
- Time management skills and decision making skills.
- Cross cultural awareness with an understanding and sensitivity of the challenges associated with differences in cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Deliver Results – Completes tasks and takes accountability for own actions. Achieves excellence in customer service.
- Personal Awareness – Understands how own behaviors and actions impacts others
- Leadership – Directs team towards achievement of goals and objectives. Communicates effectively in groups and teams.
- WHMIS knowledge would be an asset.
- Ability to learn and operate forklift, and other off-loading equipment.
- Work at remote location (Brucejack Site) on a 13 days on/13 days off rotation.
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift .
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12 hour shifts.
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters with the team.
- Pretivm promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
What we can offer you:
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications.
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage.
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE JOIN PRETIVM AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!