WELCOME TO THE BRUCEJACK MINE
Pretivm is creating value through gold, producing 376,012 oz Au in 2018 at the 100% owned Brucejack Mine and firmly establishing the company as an Intermediate Producer. The Brucejack Mine is a high-grade gold underground mine located in northwestern British Columbia, approximately 65 kilometers north of Stewart. In 2018, Pretivm has received amended permits to increase production by 40% to 3,800 tpd. An updated Mineral Reserve and Resource Estimate outlines Proven and Probable Reserves in Brucejack’s Valley of the Kings of 6.4 million ounces of gold (16 million tonnes grading 12.6 grams per tonne). At $1,300 gold, Brucejack now has an estimated after-tax net present value at a 5% discount rate of $2.59 billion over a 14-year mine life. Pretivm trades on the TSX and NYSE under the ticker symbol "PVG".
If you are interested in joining us, please read about the current opportunity below or visit www.pretivm.com/Careers
About the Opportunity
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mine Automation/Network Specialist to join the Brucejack Gold Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia and reports directly to the Electrical Maintenance Supervisor or designate. You will work a rotating schedule encompassing 14 days on, 12 days off, plus 2 days of travel.
Job Purpose and Accountability
The Mine Automation/Network Specialist primary responsibility is to oversee and direct Process maintenance services and programing and integration as it pertains to Brucejack mine in its entirety. The incumbent is also responsible for ensuring that equipment & materials are readily available and that all work is performed safely and in keeping with rules, regulations & policies.
Perform following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Review daily work plans with operations including mine and milling operations.
- Plan, coordinate & schedule the daily maintenance work and ensure equipment & materials are available.
- Works to ensure that PLC systems are backed up and are working to their fullest ability.
- Provides support to programming issues including plant control systems as they arise.
- Work closely with IT services regarding the Operational Technology fiber backbone network
- Provides support and leadership with consultants when undertaking projects.
- Reviews and updates all communication single line and network drawings/documentation.
- Provides coverage for underground related workings related to process control
- Evaluate process data and make changes to PLC and DCS systems including, but not limited to, Allen Bradley RSLogix5000, Siemens TIA, DeltaV DCS.
- Consult/collaborate with Contractors and relevant site management teams to communicate daily activities.
- Provides advice to process related issues that will arise.
- Ensure safety is given highest priority and document/report any related safety incidents or infractions.
- Troubleshoot operational issues/problems and provide guidance to maintenance personnel and work crews to resolve the situation.
- Evaluate contract performance and make recommendations for change where required.
- Other duties as required.
- The successful candidate would have a background in industrial automation systems with a degree in Electrical or Automation Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- Experience with mining automation including tele-remote vehicle systems, ventilation on demand, personnel tracking etc…
- Is familiar with fiber optic and wireless Cisco networks as it pertains to process systems
- Familiarity with Motorola radio systems and digital radio programming
- Proficient in PLC programming with Allen Bradley PLCs. Special consideration will be given to those with experience with DeltaV DCS, Siemens TIA, Schneider Modicon
- Experience with remote telemetry power systems and remote communication (microwave) systems
- Background in instrumentation including design, installation and troubleshooting
- Ability to troubleshoot low voltage control systems as it relates to process systems
- Strong working knowledge of relevant equipment capabilities
- Good oral and written communication skills (English)
- A team player and have the ability to work under intense pressure
- Strong project management skills
- Computer software skills (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, MS Project etc.)
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Analytical, problem solving and time management skills
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 14 days on / 12 days off rotation
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12 hour shifts
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions
- Able to work in close quarters with the team
- Pretivm promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
We are looking for a strong team member that takes a proactive approach to safety and creates a supportive, team-oriented culture to successfully to meet the busy demands of the Mill Department.
If this sounds like you, we’d be lucky to have you on our team! Please read about our great employee benefits and complete our easy online application form below.
What we can offer you!
The success of the Brucejack Gold Mine will be determined by the hard working and dedicated team that continue to develop the operation. All of our team members can expect to receive a highly competitive salary that is commensurate with your experience, skills and qualifications.
We understand that camp life can be challenging at times and we are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we are pleased to provide brand new and comfortable camp accommodations, as well as delicious meals prepared by our talented culinary team.
With all the creature comforts of home, including TV and wifi, you will also have access to an on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel Allowance and paid transportation to / from the mine site and your point of hire;
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage; and
- RRSP matching program
- Boot Allowance
- Allowance for Safety Prescription Glasses
It is important to note that the well-being of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you're looking for an exciting new challenge join Pretivm and the Brucejack Gold Mine today!
*Please submit your resume and cover letter in .PDF and .DOC or .DOCX documents only