Human Resources Advisor
Welcome to the Brucejack Project!
Pretivm is creating value through gold, producing 376,012 oz Au in 2018 at the 100% owned Brucejack Mine and firmly establishing the company as an Intermediate Producer. The Brucejack Mine is a high-grade gold underground mine located in northwestern British Columbia, approximately 65 kilometers north of Stewart. In 2018, Pretivm has received amended permits to increase production by 40% to 3,800 tpd.
An updated Mineral Reserve and Resource Estimate outlines Proven and Probable Reserves in Brucejack’s Valley of the Kings of 6.4 million ounces of gold (16 million tonnes grading 12.6 grams per tonne). At $1,300 gold, Brucejack now has an estimated after-tax net present value at a 5% discount rate of $2.59 billion over a 14-year mine life.
Pretivm trades on the TSX and NYSE under the ticker symbol "PVG".
If you are interested in joining us, please read about the current opportunity below or visit www.pretivm.com/Careers
About the Opportunity
We are expanding our Human Resources team to support our growing workforce of 600+ dedicated team members working towards enhancing our operations at the Brucejack Gold Mine. We have an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Advisor to join our HR Team at the Brucejack Gold Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia. The Human Resources Advisor reports to the Human Resources Superintendent. This position will be based at the Mine Site and work a rotating schedule encompassing 13 days on, 13 days off and 2 travel days.
The Human Resources Advisor supports the Brucejack Mine with ongoing daily assistance in coordinating activities related to core Human Resources policies and procedures, programs, recruitment, and assisting with, but not limited to employee benefits, on-boarding, and other areas of human resources.
This position works directly with all members of the HR Team (including the Vancouver based team), employees, site supervisors, mine management and the Brucejack Mine General Manager to ensure the timely execution of related HR activities, duties, responsibilities and accountabilities are handled in a safe and efficient manner.
This fast-paced role calls for an energetic, detailed-oriented and highly organized professional to perform the following Human Resources activities:
- Provide daily HR support and coaching to management and employees in areas related to HR Policies, Procedures and Employee Relations;
- Actively participate in high volume, full cycle recruitment activities by updating and /or preparing job descriptions, preparing job postings and ads for both internal and external web sites, coordinating and conducting interviews, reference checks, and resume screening and preparation of all related documentation;
- Coordinate and support new hires by preparing offer letters, new hire packages and manage orientation paperwork and deliver the orientation program;
- Serves as Super User on JDE Payroll module for employee data entry (i.e. new hires, employee changes, etc.);
- Serves as point of contact for all benefits administration and queries;
- Support WCB claims and injury management and serve as point of contact with DMI (our outsourced disabilities management contractor);
- Assist with the day-to-day administration, processing and maintenance of human resources programs and services. This may include: data entry, tracking systems, record keeping, compiling data and processing transactions in any of the HR program areas;
- Assist the HR team with HR programs, policies and processes to ensure that they are implemented in a manner that supports the organization’s Mission, Vision and Values;
- Update and maintain all master employee and HR information data records and systems;
- Coordinate training sessions, wellness programs, and other training initiatives;
- Ongoing communication with site and corporate Human Resources team, specifically cross shift;
- Performs additional projects as assigned and;
- Other responsibilities to ensure the successful operation of the Brucejack Gold Mine.
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Human Resource Management or related discipline combined with a minimum of three to five (3 – 5) years of related Human Resources Generalist experience. Experience working at operating mines and a CPHR designation is considered a strong asset. We are looking for candidates that have previous experience using an HRIS (JD Edwards, SAP, etc.) to manage key employee data. Candidates with previous experience with high volume, full-cycle recruitment and a strong background in employee relations and performance management is considered a strong asset.
You will also demonstrate:
- Expert proficiency with MS Office Suite;
- Comprehensive working knowledge of HR principles, policies & procedures, and strong understanding of Employment Standards Act and other related employment legislation;
- Basic understanding of payroll fundamentals;
- Cross-cultural awareness with an understanding and sensitivity of the challenges associated with differences in cultural and economic backgrounds;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate payroll / HR concepts, policies and processes to employees;
- Strong team player and able to work independently;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work;
- Sound presentation, interpersonal and relationship building skills; and
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality is required.
If you have experience working in a remote setting and working cross-shifts; are a strong team player who can also work independently; are a detail oriented multi-tasker who is people-focused and thrives under pressure, this is a great opportunity for you!
What we can offer you!
The success of the Brucejack Gold Mine will be determined by the hard working and dedicated team that continue to develop the operation. All of our team members can expect to receive a highly competitive salary that is commensurate with your experience, skills and qualifications.
We understand that camp life can be challenging at times and we are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we are pleased to provide brand new and comfortable camp accommodations, as well as delicious meals prepared by our talented culinary team.
With all the creature comforts of home, including TV and wifi, you will also have access to an on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel Allowance and paid transportation to / from the mine site and your point of hire;
- Short-term and long-term performance incentives;
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage; and
- RRSP matching program.
It is important to note that the well-being of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.