Network and Systems Administrator
Welcome to the Brucejack Mine!
Pretivm is creating value through gold, producing 376,012 oz Au in 2018 at the 100% owned Brucejack Mine and firmly establishing the company as an Intermediate Producer. The Brucejack Mine is a high-grade gold underground mine located in northwestern British Columbia, approximately 65 kilometers north of Stewart. In 2018, Pretivm received amended permits to increase production by 40% to 3,800 tpd.
An updated Mineral Reserve and Resource Estimate outlines Proven and Probable Reserves in Brucejack’s Valley of the Kings of 6.4 million ounces of gold (16 million tonnes grading 12.6 grams per tonne). At $1,300 gold, Brucejack now has an estimated after-tax net present value at a 5% discount rate of $2.59 billion over a 14-year mine life.
Pretivm trades on the TSX and NYSE under the ticker symbol "PVG".
Our core values: Integrity, Forthrightness, Innovation and Pride of Ownership.
If you are interested in joining us, please read about the current opportunity below or visit www.pretivm.com/Careers
About the Opportunity
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Network and Systems Administrator to join our corporate office in Vancouver, BC on a permanent, full-time basis. The position's primary report is to the Director of IT or designate.
Job Purpose And Accountability
The Network and Systems Administrator is responsible for the secure and reliable day-to-day operation of IT systems, network infrastructure, and application platforms. They are responsible for the technical design, installation, and support of mission critical enterprise systems, including servers, local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), security systems, network segments, intranets, and other data communication systems. This role enables the business to grow and operate securely while maintaining high availability, as well as providing technical support of business applications with diverse requirements.
The position is based in the Vancouver office but will require the successful candidate to travel to the mite site from time to time. Work hours are primarily Monday-Friday; however, some after-hours work (in person, via telephone or remotely) is required. Preference will be given to those candidates that are available to travel.
Your primary responsibilities will include the following (with safety being the number one priority):
- Administration of Corporate and Site IT infrastructure, including firewalls, network switches, physical and virtual servers and network storage devices
- Administration of VMware vSphere 5.5 and Hyper-V
- Manage Active Directory, Office 365 and hosted MS Exchange
- Management of Cloud infrastructure and storage
- Firewalls, VPNs & WiFi (Like Fortinet, SonicWall, Cisco & Meraki)
- Manage Corporate and Site backups (Veeam) ensuring data protection and recoverability
- Develop and test robust disaster recovery plan, including on-site and off-site backups
- Optimize network performance by monitoring, analyzing, and tuning
- Create and maintain system documentation and specifications
- Hybrid cloud network infrastructure implementation and support
- Technical support of business applications (JDE an asset)
- Monitor IT systems and respond to the security or usability concerns
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests/ on-call support
- Must work independently and in a group to manage full scope of responsibilities with minimal supervision
- 3 to 5 years experience in Corporate IT systems administration and support services
- Relevant Post-Secondary certifications, degree, technical training: Industry certifications such as Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, or MCITP is an asset
- Microsoft Server (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP)
- Microsoft SQL replication, maintenance, and backups
- Network services and architecture (DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, WLAN, VPN, etc.)
- infrastructure, including firewalls, network switches, physical and virtual servers and network storage devices
- Virtualization - VMware vSphere 5.5 – Hyper-V
- Enterprise level backup (experience with Veeam backup is a plus)
- Managing network equipment/ firewall (Cisco, Sonicwall, Fortinet)
- Cloud infrastructure and storage
- Active Directory Administration and Azure
- Office 365 and hosted MS Exchange
- Organized, responsible, and able to effectively deal with multiple concurrent responsibilities
- Fast learner with the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Innovative and proactive
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Solid time management and problem analysis resolution skills
- Working within a project-oriented organization
Considered as asset if you have the following experience:
- Managing Cisco network switches
- Managing ESXi hosts (Cisco UCS servers is a plus)
- Experience working with Linux server operating systems
What We Can Offer You!
The success of the Brucejack Project will be determined by the hard working and dedicated team who help us build it. All of our team members can expect to receive a highly competitive salary that is commensurate with your experience, skills, and qualifications.
All of our team members are rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift
- Able to work in close quarters with the team
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE JOIN PRETIVM AND THE BRUCEJACK PROJECT TODAY!
*Please submit your resume and cover letter in .PDF and .DOC or .DOCX documents only