Cisco Network Specialist
Welcome to the Brucejack Mine!
Pretivm is creating value through gold, producing 376,012 oz Au in 2018 at the 100% owned Brucejack Mine and firmly establishing the company as an Intermediate Producer. The Brucejack Mine is a high-grade gold underground mine located in northwestern British Columbia, approximately 65 kilometers north of Stewart. In 2018, Pretivm received amended permits to increase production by 40% to 3,800 tpd.
An updated Mineral Reserve and Resource Estimate outlines Proven and Probable Reserves in Brucejack’s Valley of the Kings of 6.4 million ounces of gold (16 million tonnes grading 12.6 grams per tonne). At $1,300 gold, Brucejack now has an estimated after-tax net present value at a 5% discount rate of $2.59 billion over a 14-year mine life.
Pretivm trades on the TSX and NYSE under the ticker symbol "PVG".
Our core values: Integrity, Forthrightness, Innovation and Pride of Ownership.
If you are interested in joining us, please read about the current opportunity below or visit www.pretivm.com/Careers
About the Opportunity
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Cisco Network Specialist to join our team at Brucejack Mine on a permanent, full-time basis working on a 14 days on, 12 days off, 2 days travel rotation. The position's primary report is to the Director of IT or designate.
Job Purpose And Accountability
The Cisco Network Specialist is responsible for the secure and reliable day-to-day operation of the Cisco network infrastructure in an industrial mining environment. The successful candidate is responsible for the technical design, installation, and support of mission critical enterprise systems, including servers, local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), security systems, network segments, intranets, and other data communication systems. This role enables the business to grow and operate securely while maintaining high availability, as well as providing technical support of business applications with diverse requirements.
Your primary responsibilities will include the following (with safety being the number one priority):
- Participating in the implementation, configuring, and deploying network infrastructure and system security measures to protect data, software, and hardware – Cisco firewall, routing, switching, wireless and security solutions
- Lead and manage Cisco infrastructure projects and project teams in an industrial environment
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replacing defective components when necessary
- Optimize network performance by monitoring, analyzing, and tuning
- Create and maintain system documentation and specifications
- Monitor IT systems and respond to the security or usability concerns
- Experience with microwave/ radio networks
- Mentor and train coworkers as part of a team
- Must be able to work independently and in a group environment to manage full scope of responsibilities with minimal supervision
- College or University education or equivalent work experience
- Experience with wireless solutions, route/switch, network security technology and solutions
- Certifications Cisco CCNA, CCNP R/S, Wireless, Security and design preferred
- Experience in Ubiquity, Meraki, Cambium considered an asset
- Excellent customer facing skills with strong verbal, written, and listening skills
- Professionalism, confidence, business case analytical skills, presentation skills, and time management skills
- Ability to keep up to date with Cisco solutions and technology
- Familiarity with Linux, Unix and Windows
- Innovative and proactive
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Good time management and problem analysis resolution skills
- Working within a project-oriented organization
To qualify for this role, you must have at least five (5) to ten (10) years of experience with Cisco network design, configuration, implementations, maintenance, optimization and troubleshooting. Proficiency with VMware vSphere install, configure and manage the product.
What We Can Offer You!
The success of the Brucejack Project will be determined by the hard working and dedicated team who help us build it. All of our team members can expect to receive a highly competitive salary that is commensurate with your experience, skills, and qualifications.
All of our team members are rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shifts
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions
- Able to work in close quarters with the team
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE JOIN PRETIVM AND THE BRUCEJACK PROJECT TODAY!
*Please submit your resume and cover letter in .PDF and .DOC or .DOCX documents only