Warehouse & Freight Logistics Coordinator
WELCOME TO THE BRUCEJACK MINE
Pretivm is creating value through gold, producing 376,012 oz Au in 2018 at the 100% owned Brucejack Mine and firmly establishing the company as an Intermediate Producer. The Brucejack Mine is a high-grade gold underground mine located in northwestern British Columbia, approximately 65 kilometers north of Stewart. In 2018, Pretivm received amended permits to increase production by 40% to 3,800 tpd.
An updated Mineral Reserve and Resource Estimate outlines Proven and Probable Reserves in Brucejack’s Valley of the Kings of 6.4 million ounces of gold (16 million tonnes grading 12.6 grams per tonne). At $1,300 gold, Brucejack now has an estimated after-tax net present value at a 5% discount rate of $2.59 billion over a 14-year mine life.
Pretivm trades on the TSX and NYSE under the ticker symbol "PVG".
Our core values: Integrity, Forthrightness, Innovation and Pride of Ownership.
If you are interested in joining us, please read about the current opportunity below or visit www.pretivm.com/Careers
About the Opportunity
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Logistics Coordinator to join the Brucejack Project in Northwestern, British Columbia.
This position is located at Pretium Exploration Inc.'s "Pretivm" Brucejack site within the Supply Chain Department. The position’s primary report is to the Knipple Warehouse & Logistics Supervisor. work a rotating schedule encompassing 13 days on, 13 days off.
This position provides Supply Chain support to Operational and Maintenance departments to ensure efficient trucking, planning, and delivery of parts and materials required to support production. Manages the delivery of required parts and materials in accordance with a planned schedule and requested delivery.
Ensures the highest level of supplier performance in the form of consistent reliable delivery to Brucejack Operations. Maintains a high-level participation in shutdown maintenance ensuring the flow of goods and / or materials is as required.
Assist where necessary, with the purchases of materials, equipment and / or supplies, if required.Manage freight deliveries into and around site and ensure a smooth efficient flow of traffic into all areas of the access road and mine.
Key duties include:
- Provide expediting support for User Departments as assigned by following up with Suppliers of delivery status of materials.
- Assist the Warehouse & Logistics Supervisor in managing the daily operations of the warehouse as required.
- Assist the Warehouse & Logistics Supervisor in managing the daily trucking operations of Pretivm and contractor trucking as required.
- Manage the transporting of urgent commitments at the optimal cost ensuring on time deliveries.
- Manage the movement of orders of material and equipment from Smithers or other off-site locations to meet project requirements.
- Coordinate the delivery and inventory of bulk materials up the access road and the monitoring of bulk commodity levels.
- Resolve problems to speed up delivery of orders.
- Monitor inventory at various locations at both Brucejack and Knipple warehouses.
- Arrange the movement of material (Inventory and Non-Stock) between various locations in and around site.
- Maintain good relationships with vendors, end users and contractors.
- Keep accurate records
- Coordinate material movements from suppliers with Logistics Team and or freight forwarders.
- Provide prompt and efficient service and direct any enquiries to the appropriate department /person
- Complete any site-based reports required from Safety, Environment in conjunction with theWarehouse Supervisor
- Produce daily/weekly/monthly reports for inventory, freight management, bulk products etc.
- Responsible for assisting with employee reviews in conjunction with the Warehouse & Logistics Supervisor.
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessary all-inclusive.
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or experience in warehouse management.
- Proven experience as a freight logistics coordinator, dispatcher, expeditor or relevant position.
- Experience in project management an asset.
- Ability to understand technical specifications of material and equipment.
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel) and filing systems.
- Excellent communication and radio skills.
- Well-organized with multi-tasking abilities.
- Experience in planning, organizing, prioritizing and coordinating work in a changing environment.
- Able to read, write and speak English.
- Skilled in using personal computer and various software packages, specifically JDE.
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently.
- Ability to investigate and problem solve.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on shipment volume and priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Courteous, diplomatic and able to work within tight response deadlines.
Successful completion of Grade 12 with 4 – 6 years of experience coordinating the flow of merchandise and materials in a fast-paced industrial shipping/receiving environment.
You will also demonstrate the following:
- Strong attention to detail and proficiency with computers, particularly database management
- Outstanding mathematical skills
- Ability to read and speak English
- Self-motivated, independent worker
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Ability to record and maintain daily records
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills and decision-making skills
- Cross cultural awareness with an understanding and sensitivity of the challenges associated withdifferences in cultural and economic backgrounds
- Remote mine location experience would an asset
If this sounds like you, we’d be lucky to have you on our team! Please read about our great employee benefits and complete our easy online application form below.
What we can offer you!
The success of the Brucejack Project will be determined by the hard working and dedicated team who help us build it. All of our team members can expect to receive a highly competitive salary that is commensurate with your experience, skills and qualifications.
We understand that camp life can be challenging at times and we are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we are pleased to provide brand new and comfortable camp accommodations, as well as delicious meals prepared by our talented culinary team. With all the creature comforts of home, including TV and wifi, you will also have access to an on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including paid travel days, including transport to and from site.
It is important to note that the well-being of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.