Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer
Welcome to the Brucejack Mine!
We are Pretivm – a Canadian mining company, headquartered in Vancouver, BC and the proud owner of the Brucejack Gold Mine. Brucejack Mine is a 3,800 tonnes-per-day high-grade gold underground mine located in northwestern British Columbia, approximately 65 kilometres north of Stewart.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations - to provide employment.
About the Opportunity:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer to join the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia.
The Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer position is located at Pretium Exploration Inc.'s "Pretivm" Brucejack Mine, BC and reports directly to the Chief Mining Engineer or Manager of Technical Services.
The purpose of the position is to support the geotechnical engineering function at the Brucejack Mine by working closely with the Senior Geotechnical Engineers and following their lead in ensuring compliance with the BC Mines act and the Ground Control Management Plan, while identifying and managing the material geotechnical risks to the operation.
Perform the following duties with safety being the number one priority:
- Daily base geotechnical mapping of newly developed headings
- Daily base inspections of proper ground support applications
- Daily base inspections of the surface waste rock disposal facility for stability and safety
- Monitoring/tracking of underground instruments and waste rock deposition surveys
- Assist in stability analysis data collection in underground mining and waste rock deposition sites
- Assist in Quality Control and Quality Assurance tests and analysis
- Update database on paste backfill and waste rock disposal activities
- Participate in short and long term mine planning related to ground control
- Assist in the preparation of technical proposals and reports
- Assist in design and preparation of paste backfill.
- Assist in conducting and coordinating of a wide variety of geotechnical investigations and design that may include slope stability assessments, dam design and construction, heavy industrial foundations, or geo-environmental projects
- Assist in maintaining and revising, as required, the geotechnical design criteria based on geotechnical data
- Collecting and interpreting geomechanical data (i.e. face mapping, core logging etc.)
- Assist in maintaining, calibrating and enhancing numerical models for informing stability of existing and planned underground and surface excavations
- Other activities to support the safe, efficient and successful development of the Brucejack Project
- Understand and ensure compliance with Pretivm safety policies and governmental safety regulations including Ministry of Mines and WorksafeBC.
BSc. Degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent combination of seasoned technical knowledge and experience combined with a minimum of five (5) years of experience at an underground mine.
- Advanced computer skills (ie. AutoCAD, Ventsim, Vulcan, Microsoft Office etc.)
- Knowledge of numerical analysis programs (Map3D, Rocscience package, Geostudio package)
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player to work with coworkers and contractors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to liaise effectively with management teams and deal with complex problems
- Strong knowledge of Federal and Provincial mining & safety legislation and regulations.
- Work at a remote location (camp) on a 14 days on/14 days off rotation
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift
- Be able to maintain high levels of performance over 12 hour shifts
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions
- Able to work in close quarters with the team
What we can offer you:
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications.
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage.
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE JOIN PRETIVM AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!